Made from 6061 aircraft grade aluminum and black anodized for additional strength, our patented universal picatinny rail adapter is designed to fit most older Smith, Sig-Sauer, CZ and Ruger models without an integral rail. It easily attaches to your pistol without drilling, gunsmithing, or performing permanent modifications.
Now you can easily and quickly install your favorite tactical light or other firearm accessory without altering the integrity of your pistol.
HOW DOES THE RAILTAC PICATINNY RAIL ADAPTER ATTACH TO MY FIREARM?
Included are several 3M Very High Bond (VHB) adhesive strips. These strips are designed to permanently adhere metals without the use of rivots, fasters, or welding. It is used heavily in the aerospace, automotive and construction industry. It is specially formulated to bond to stainless steel, carbon steel and aluminum.The epoxy can withstand magnum recoil, significant heat, and direct blows using a rubber mallet. It provides a superior alternative to drilling and tapping your pistol, while still providing a permanent solution that is only reversible when desired.
To install, first follow your firearm manual's safe handling procedures to ensure that your pistol is unloaded. Next, clean the pistol with an appropriate gun solvent or rubbing alcohol to remove any oil residue or debris. You must remove ALL remnants of oil on your pistols mating surface to allow the adhesive to set properly. It is also recommended that you wear gloves to prevent your fingerprints from contacting the adhesive.
Position the Railtac picatinny rail adapter onto your pistol using a birds eye view and use a pencil or marker to trace the edges of the rail onto your pistol. The lines will act as a placement guide in subsequent steps:
1) Remove a strip of the VHB adhesive from the included stack of adhesive. Make sure to keep the liner on the top side of the adhesive so that only he bottom side of the adhesive is exposed.
2) Place on exposed side of the adhesive on the contoured center of the pictanny rail so that the adhesive runs longitudinally through the center of the picatinny. Firmly press against the adhesive liner making sure no bubbles have formed.
3) Lightly position the rail onto the pistol and use several rubber bands to tightly clamp the rail to the pistol. The rubber bands should tightly compress the rail to the pistol's frame and it is recommended that you use at least as many rubber bands as their are grooves in the rail (2 to 3 depending on your model). Do not remove the rubber bands for at least 3 full days so that the adhesive can fully cure.
To remove the rail, follow your firearm manual's safe handling procedures to ensure the pistol is unloaded. It is also important that you wear heat resistant gloves for all steps involving use of a heat gun.
Using the heat gun, evenly apply heat to the rail for a few minutes then strike the side of the rail with a non-marring mallet to dislodge it. If necessary, repeat the heating process in 1 minute increments and strike again with the rubber mallet. Once the rail is dislodged, allow the pistol and rail to cool before moving onto to the next step.
Once cooled, use a rag and apply acetone directly to any adhesive residue remaining on your pistol and use use a wood crafting stick to scrap it off.
INCLUDED IN PACKAGE
1.25" RT-5 Railtac Picatinny Rail
This model will fit most older generation semi-autos with steel or aluminum frames that have at least 1.25" of space on the pistols dust cover. Models include, but are not limited to the following semi auto brands:
- Smith & Wesson 3900, 4000, 4500, 5900, 6900 series having at least 1.25" of space on the handgun's dust cover
- Ruger P85, P89, P90, P91, P93, P94 semi-autos having at least 1.25" of space on the handgun's dust cover
- Sig P226, P227, P229, P210, P220, P and all metal framed Sig-Sauer handguns having at least 1.25 inches of space on the handgun's dust cover
- Kahr Arms K Series, T Series
- CZ 75B, CZ 97B having a metal frame having at least 1.25 inches of space on the handgun's dustcover
- 12 and 20 gauge shotguns